May 6, 2013

Things I Don't Spend Money On


Today I would like to share my "Things I Don't Need" list. The things that are on this list are there because I have realized, for me they are really not worth the money. Since the economy has been rough I have been more cautious about spending money on a whim. I work hard for my money so spending it on things that aren't really worth it, to me is a total waste. Here are the 3 things I don't spend my money on:

  • Magazines  I get the magazines I like to read from my local library since magazines from the new stands tend to sell for almost $4 on average. Four bucks may not seem like a lot of money, but it surely does add up.
  • Gym Membership  For me personally, gym membership is a waste of money. It doesn't cost me a penny to on a pair of sneakers and go for a walk or jog in my local park. Also, YouTube has several workouts that are completely free. My favorite is this one
  • Bottled Water   Bottle water to me is a wasteful luxury. We have a water filter which saves us a considerable amount of money over buying bottled water. Watch this video to learn how bottled water is taking a toll on our wallets and the environment. 

3 comments:

  1. I watched the bottled water video and I am actually guilty of drinking bottled water on a regular basis. I think I can work on doing without that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! I really don't buy books either, I work at a library and always unintentionally bring home more that I can handle, really. And I read super fast, so it just makes sense to me to borrow a book, read it in a few days and then let some one else read it. And I bring my mom magazines, and she'll read like, 5 a week and we could not afford that. Here's to libraries and sidewalks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree on the bottled water. I never leave home without my reusable Klean Kanteen.

    ReplyDelete